Guest House at
Local Style Comforts so you can relax and enjoy!
Simple breakfast materials available 24 hours a day. No schedule, no fuss. Let the rest of them sleep in while you linger over your coffee and go for a walk.BEAUTIFUL
• In 6 acres of native high-altitude tropical rainforest, five minutes from Ka'u desert. Where Windward meets Leeward.
• Each unit designed and built by owner/operators Bonnie Goodell and Alan Miller, who have designed and built over a dozen cottages for local people in Volcano. Alan specializes in fine finish work of local and recycled woods. Bonnie is a planner and designer specializing in sustainability. This is a sustainable village in progress.
• Front porches open on our private village lane. You can park near your door. Windows look out on the forest.
• Five minutes from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Volcano Golf Course, 30 miles from black sand beaches.
• Three great restaurants located in Volcano Village and the National Park.
• Many local naturalists and artists who'll share their work."Just Make House" as we say in Hawaii
• Each unit's kitchen has rice cooker, refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, and traditional mis-matched utensils.
• Each unit has a phone, TV, VCR, games, a nice porch and an outside sink available.
• Kid and disability- friendly.
• You can wash your laundry and hang it in our beautiful greenhouse laundry center.
• We live right here, so you can borrow stuff. We share books, bikes, umbrellas, basketball hoop, camping gear, videos, advice, local politics, our favorite walks.
• Solar heated water • Recycling • Openable windows • Line-dried linens • We are proud of comfort we provide while keeping our energy use very low.
• Forest maintenance to protect natives species. We'll show you. You can even help, if pulling ginger is your cup of tea.
...or call 1-808-987-0920
Have a question? ....then just EMAIL US
Volcano Lodging Directory